The first edition held in Milan was the kick off for the Transosseous Academy.
More than 80 attendees coming from 5 countries, 2 live surgeries are few numbers at a glance.
Prestigious speakers took part of the event and reported their experiences (see the program).
Valuable contents in a friendly and interactive environment, this is what TA is.
Transosseous Academy was introduced as a society to favor and promote education and science and we left the event with an ambitious target: to create a monography entirely dedicated to Transosseous.
A few months later this was achieved and from August this is available on line.
TRANSOSSEOUS ACADEMY 2017
February 7th, 2017
- Castagna (Milan, Italy) chairman
- Chillemi (Rome, Italy)
- Randelli (Milan, Italy)
- Garofalo (Bari, Italy)
- Edgar (Connecticut, USA)
- Castricini (Fermo, Italy)
- Pellegrini (Cattolica, Italy)
- 08.15 welcome intro – A. Castagna
- 08.45 biological aspects of transosseous – C. Chillemi
- 1st Live Surgery (A. Castagna) – R. Garofalo (moderator)
- 09.00 RCR arthroscopic pure transosseous approachopen discussion
- 11.00 coffee break
- 2nd Live Surgery (C. Chillemi) – R. Castricini (moderator)
- 11.30 RCR arthroscopic tunnel augmented transosseous
- open discussion
- 13.15 quick lunch
Session 2: R. Castricini (moderator)
14.30 Treated Topics:
- Biomechanics of transosseous approach – Garofalo
- What the scientific rational in a transosseous approach? – Edgar
- Why and when the transosseous approach is a viable solution, my view – Chillemi
- My experience in transosseous – Randelli
- Learning curve: tips and tricks to be successful in transosseous – Edgar
- Rehabilitation with a transosseous approach: common way or different protocol? – Pellegrini
- Final discussion – Faculty
16.30 meeting closure – A. Castagna